January 24, 2007These things are killer, really clean up the looks of the car and make it look a hell of a lot better. I still need to get them painted but was too eager to put them on so they are on in the mean time. Install is pretty straight forward and doesn't take very much time. Thank you Corey and Heath, I love these new mirrors.
*If they ask how you heard about them, tell them you saw my post (if you dont mind), thank you -Richard
Direct link to the mirrors on Agent 47s site:
They recommend painting these mirror housings with an automotive exterior paint to keep them UV stable. If you don't there is a possibility of them getting gray and chalky in the future. They are made from urethane and they do not use a release on their molds like other manufactures so painting should not be a problem.
Driver and Passenger mirror housings and mirror glass assemblies.
1. Remove the drivers side triangular plastic cover that the side mirror adjustment knob is located in. You can do this simply by pulling horizontally.
2. Disconnect the mirror motor wire harness.
3. Remove the three nuts holding the mirror in place. 11mm
4. Remove the mirror assembly.
5. Remove mirror by carefully pulling.
6. Get the correct Torx bit and unscrew the three torx screws attaching the mirror motor.
7. Gently pull out the motor and unclip the wiring from the back of the motor. The later motors that came along in 06 have an uncommon looking harness. It has a funky saddle type harness that has two clips on either side of the motor.
8. Remove the wiring harness from the stock housing.
9. Clip wiring back onto the mirror motor.
10. Thread the wire harness through the new mirror housing.
11. Screw the factory motor in place using the three stock torx screws.
12. Remove the stock weatherstripping foam from the stock mirror. Place this on the new A47 mirror housing and bolt it on the car using the stock nuts.
Install both sides to this point and plug in the harnesses. Now check the motors for proper operation.
13. After everything is working properly you can clip on the actual mirror glass. It will be marked on the back with a D or P designating driver or passenger. Before you snap them on note that there is a thin wall. Make sure the cut out faces downward. It should not take too much force to snap these on. DO NOT FORCE IT! These are not meant to be repeatedly taken on and off so try to get it right the first time.