November 3, 2006And in with the new.
It all starts at the bottom & works its way up.
The gentleman I got the Cat from told me the Cat had a 351W, so naturally I got an H pipe for that mill.
After removing the old H pipe, I realized something was amiss.
There was no way I had the correct H pipe for this mill.
I go to the local "pony parts store" and look thru their assortment of H pipes.
I find the one that looks just like the one I removed from the Cat and the parts guy tells me that I don't have a 351W, but rather a 351C, much to my suprise and delight.
All the old 2" junk.
Note the "donuts" are part of the exhaust manifolds.
The new 2.25" H pipe installed.
The new Flowmaster 40 series.
The new tailpipes.(soon to have the turndowns cut off and chrome tips installed)
Just a few pics of the patient in the operating room.